SDX Product Info
Apella SDX is revolutionary price
breakthrough for an SD video server with SDI and analog
I/O connectivity that supports a mixed media database of
DV and MPEG-2 files, and offers up to two inputs or four
outputs simultaneously from a single chassis. Virtually
unlimited channel I/O can be implemented simply by
networking Apella servers together.
Specifically engineered with more
storage capacity and reliability, this Apella model
presents a new benchmark for performance and value. The
compact 3RU chassis features front-loading hot-swap drive
bays that allow internal storage to expand to 8TB with
several user-configurable RAID protection options.
Extensive native codec technology allows media files in
the VT database – regardless of compression format – to be
played back-to-back from a single output channel.
Apella SDX Key Features
- 1 IN / 2 OUT or 2 IN / 4 OUT per Chassis
(6 Simultaneous Streams of Media In and Out)
- 4 AES/EBU and 16 SDI Embedded Audio Tracks per Video Channel
- 525i, 625i at 25 and 29.97 fps
- 16:9 and 4:3 Aspect Ratio Support
- Full VBI Capture and Playback
- DVCAM, DVCPRO, DV25, and MPEG2 MP@ML (I-Frame and IBP)
- Scalable to 8TB RAW Internal Storage (Optional RAID 5, 6, or 10)
- Import AVI, QuickTime, DV and MPEG-2 files
- VT Director and
VT Proxy Editor Plus!
(Remote Client Seats Available)
- Multi-Channel PlayList with Auto Ripple
- PlayList Synchronized in Real-Time with NRCS via
- Realtime Media Logging with Metadata Insertion
- Low Resolution Timeline Editing Ready for
- Easy Media Management – Search, Archive, Import,
- Optional Batch Media Import and Acquisition with RS-422 VTR Machine Control
- VT Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro Available for Direct Exports without Transcoding
- VT Plug-In for Apple®
Final Cut ProQuickTime or any Most Popular NLE
- MOS, VDCP, GPI, & VT Ethernet API Automation Support
- Powerful SQL Database Engine for Centralized and Comprehensive Asset Management
- Unique Global Asset ID and User Profiles with User-Defined Security Settings
- Network Streaming Fibre Channel SAN Port or GigE NAS Port Option
- Fibre Channel SAN or Dual GigE NAS Compatible
- Highly Scalable and Redundant Architecture – No Single Point of Failure
SDX Product Info
Why choose Apella?
See Server Overview, Remote Clients Overview, and Storage Overview for more information.